Mar 23, 2011

Apricot Glazed Chicken

This is a wonderful new recipe that I made tonight for dinner. It is sweet and savory and full of flavor. It only takes four ingredient...I only wish that these were typical things I kept in the pantry. I may have to keep the ingredients in stock from now on....

1 jar (12 oz) apricot preserves
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 bottle (8 oz) low-fat French salad dressing
1 small whole chicken, skinned or 4 bone-in breasts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, soup mix and salad dressing. Mix well. Place the chicken in a large baking dish. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake for approximately 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes. I baked mine for a little over an hour just to make sure it was completely cooked.

2 comments:

Laura said...

sounds very good! :) I think i'll have to try this.

I've done a similar thing with cranberry sauce, onion soup mix, and french dressing. The aroma is unreal!

wtdiv said...

Gonna try this one Debbie, we eat o lot of chicken breasts. It sounds wondrful.